Skin Care Conditions We Treat in Portland
Skin Care Consultation in Portland
What is important for good skin care and treatment? The skin care industry spends billions of dollar every year on both advertising skin care products and producing skin care products trying to convince you that each and everyone of their products is necessary to look younger. Are they necessary and what is the truth? Schedule a skin care consultation with Norris Dermatology today to find out what you really need for proper skin care.
Medical Dermatological Conditions We Treat
- Skin cancer screening and mole mapping
- Surgical treatment of skin cancer (melanoma, basal cell skin cancer and squamous cell skin cancer)
- Surgical treatment of benign growths such as cysts
- Contact dermatitis and skin allergy patch testing
- Occupational dermatology and work related skin diseases
- Atopic dermatitis
- Itchy skin
- Hand dermatitis and prevention
- Facial dermatitis and rashes associated with cosmetics
- Photo or sun related allergic dermatitis
- Psoriasis treatment including light therapy, systemic treatment as well as topical treatments with newer biologic medications
- Acne treatments: holistic approach including diet, medical and skin care along with peels, photodynamic therapy.
- Rosacea treatment: holistic approach with dietary, medical and laser treatment of the redness.
- Pigmentation of the skin including melasma, mask of pregnancy, sun spots (lentigenes)
- Wart treatments: cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen), laser treatment, cantherone, candida antigen injection
- Skin infections including staphylococcal, MRSA infections, fungal, infections of the nails on the hands and feet. Yeast and viral infections such as herpes simplex and shingles
- Medication/drug reactions
- Autoimmune diseases
- Hair conditions including thinning and shedding, alopecia areata, scarring hair loss. Male and female pattern hair loss.
- Wound care management for complicated chronic ulcers and slow healing wounds
Medical Treatments for Skin Conditions
- Narrow band UVB light therapy for psoriasis, atopic dermatitis
- BLU-U Photodynamic therapy treatment for actinic keratosis, acne and photo-rejuvenation
- Laser Treatment for Warts
- Botox®: cosmetic and therapeutic (hyperhidrosis)
- Microneedling for facial wrinkles and acne scars
- Facial skin resurfacing/tightening
- Laser hair removal (excludes scalp and brows)
- Laser treatment of facial redness (blood vessels) and pigmentation
- Laser treatment of superficial leg veins
- Cosmetic product consultation
- Facials including cleaning and extractions
- Chemical peels: Jessners peel and salicylic acid peels for pigmentation
- Removal of skin tags
- Retin-A peels for facial rejuvenation and acne
- Ear piercing
In-Office Cosmetic Treatments
- Botox® Cosmetic – OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox®) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
- Latisse® – Bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03% (Latisse®) is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker, and darker. Latisse® is the only FDA-approved product and has been studied for safety and efficacy. It is available only by prescription.
Skincare Products We Offer
- Amanda Blakley Skincare, www.abskincare.com A product line developed by Dr. Patricia Norris. The line includes the following four products:
- PH Balanced Cream Cleanser
- Glycerin Spray Moisturizer
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Spot Treatment
- Zinc and Titanium based Mineral Powder
The AB Skincare team is launching a campaign to start a new approach to skin care: less is more, once a day washing with a non-irritating PH balanced cleanser, simple light moisturizer to hydrate, zinc/titanium mineral powder for sunburn prevention, and a benzoyl peroxide acne spot treatment. That’s all you need to clean and protect the skin from sun damage. Exclusively 20% off at Norris Dermatology.
- Free and clear line (Vanicream)
We accept most major commercial insurances:
- Health Net of Oregon
- Regence BC/BS
- Pacific Source
- United Health Care
DISCLAIMER: Please contact your insurance plan directly prior to scheduling to verify your network plan benefits for our provider.